RESIDENTIAL KNOX BOX LOAN/PURCHASE PROGRAM
The Channahon Fire Protection District offers a Residential Knox Box Loan/Purchase Program for residents of the Channahon Fire Protection District. The Residential Knox Box program provides a secured means of access to your home in case of a medical emergency. Knox Boxes are safe, secure, and UL tested. With this box in place, only emergency responders can gain access to the resident in need without forcing entry and causing damage to the residence. They simply remove the entrance key stored inside, provide medical assistance, and relock your door when they leave. The Knox Box is easily secured to your front door or may be attached to your home’s exterior structure.
Residential Knox Box Loan Program Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be a resident of the Channahon Fire Protection District and complete the residency proof sheet.
- A resident with an existing medical or physical condition of which could render him/her unable to open a locked door in an emergency.
- A resident that is homebound, lives alone, or spouse/caretaker is not often home or without supervision and is unable to open a locked door in an emergency.
Residential Knox Box loaners are available for those who meet the criteria listed above. There are a limited number of Knox Boxes available and are to be used for short term purposes. The Channahon Fire Protection District offers this service, when units are available, for a deposit fee of $100.00 which will be refunded upon the return of the Knox Box when this service is no longer needed. If the term usage should exceed six (6) months, it is recommended to purchase a Knox Box. The fire district highly recommends obtaining a medical alert system prior to acquiring a Knox Box. The medical alert system can dispatch the paramedics immediately in the event you are unable call 911.
Application and installation process:
- You may pick up your application at Channahon Fire Protection District, 24929 S. Center St., IL. 60410 or download here.
- Submit your application to Channahon Fire Protection District along with the Proof of Residency form with proper documents for review.
- If approved, you will be notified for installation instructions.
- A representative from the Fire District will meet with you to answer any questions you may have.
- Have the required keys for the Fire District to install the Knox Box. Residents are responsible for keeping keys current.
- When you are finished with the Knox Box loaner, return it to Channahon Fire Protection District to receive your deposit back.
Residential Knox Box Purchase and Installation process:
- You may pick up your application and Proof of Residency form at Channahon Fire Protection District, 24929 S. Center St., IL. 60410 or download here.
- Submit your application to Channahon Fire Protection District along with the Proof of Residency form with proper documents.
- Ordering is done through the Fire District. Only cash or check will be accepted. Please make the check out to: Channahon Fire Protection District.
- Once the Fire District receives the Knox Box, you will be notified for an installation appointment.
Residences equipped with fire alarm/sprinkler systems are recommended to purchase a Knox Box.
Our Administrative Office is open Monday-Friday, 8a-4p. Closed on major holidays. Please pick up or drop off forms during business hours.