Firefighter Cindy’s Kids Page
This is the place to be! There are some great websites below for fire safety games and tips just for kids. You can also download your Drill Homework pages below! Just click, download and get practicing!
Fire Safety Lessons
Water Safety Tips:
- Never swim by yourself. A parent or lifeguard should be present.
- Take swim lessons.
- Stay near the edge or by the steps if you are not a strong swimmer. Sometimes the bottom of the pool is slippery. Holding onto the side of pool will help you keep your balance.
- Always go in feet first. Diving into a shallow area of the pool is dangerous.
- Look before you leap. Make sure no one or pool toys are under you before jumping off the diving board or sliding down the slide.
- If it starts to thunder or lightning, get out of the water immediately and go inside to be safe.
- Don’t use pool toys to help someone having trouble in the water. Use an approved life preserver.
- Wear sunscreen to protect your skin.
YouTube videos on Water Safety:
Safety Smart with Timon & Pumbaa-Water Safety
Bike Safety Tips:
- Wear a helmet.
- Follow all traffic signs, such as stop signs.
- Try to ride on the sidewalks or bike lane. If you have to ride on the road, go with the flow of traffic.
- If you are riding in the road, use proper hand signals to let the cars behind you know what you are doing.
- Don’t ride your bike at night unless you have a headlight, tail lights, and reflectors on your bike. Also, wear bright clothing or reflective tape so cars can see you.
- Watch for cars backing out of driveways. They may not see you.
Safety Drill Homework
Kids, after you have done a drill at school, practice the same drill at home!
Click on the pictures below to download your drill sheet.
All Links below open in new windows/tabs.
Fire Safety Links
Fire Safety Videos
Fire Escape Plans
Move Over for Emergency Vehicles