Firefighter Cindy’s Kids Page
This is the place to be! There are some great websites below for fire safety games and tips just for kids. You can also download your Drill Homework pages below! Just click, download and get practicing!
Fire Safety Lessons
Water Safety Tips:
- Never swim by yourself. A parent or lifeguard should be present.
- Take swim lessons.
- Stay near the edge or by the steps if you are not a strong swimmer. Sometimes the bottom of the pool is slippery. Holding onto the side of pool will help you keep your balance.
- Always go in feet first. Diving into a shallow area of the pool is dangerous.
- Look before you leap. Make sure no one or pool toys are under you before jumping off the diving board or sliding down the slide.
- If it starts to thunder or lightning, get out of the water immediately and go inside to be safe.
- Don’t use pool toys to help someone having trouble in the water. Use an approved life preserver.
- Wear sunscreen to protect your skin.
YouTube videos on Water Safety:
Safety Smart with Timon & Pumbaa-Water Safety
Fire Safety Tips:
- Make sure your home has working smoke alarms.
- Smoke alarms should be tested once a month and changed out every 10 years.
- If the smoke alarm has removable batteries, they need to be changed out at least once a year.
- Smoke alarms should be located on every level of the home, in each bedroom or just outside the bedroom area.
- Do not touch matches or lighters. Tell a grown up to put them away.
- Have a fire escape plan for your home.
- Practice your escape plan with the whole family.
- Have a family meeting place in the front yard that is a safe distance from the house.
- Know two ways out of each room.
- Keep all exits clear of clutter.
If there is a fire:
- Don’t panic! Get out as fast as you can.
- Crawl on your hands and knees under to smoke and get to an exit.
- Before you open a door, check it for heat with the back of your hand. If it feels cold, open the door slowly and continue to the exit. If it feels warm or hot, do not open the door. Go to your second exit, such as a window.
- Close the door behind you when you leave a room.
- Once outside, go to your neighbor’s house to call 9-1-1.
- DO NOT go back inside the house for anything or anyone! Let the firefighters know if someone or a pet is still inside.
YouTube videos on Fire Safety:
Safety Smart with Timon & Pumbaa- Fire Safety
Click on the safety topic to download the coloring page
For Kindergarten Program
For Preschool Program
Bike Safety Tips:
- Wear a helmet.
- Follow all traffic signs, such as stop signs.
- Try to ride on the sidewalks or bike lane. If you have to ride on the road, go with the flow of traffic.
- If you are riding in the road, use proper hand signals to let the cars behind you know what you are doing.
- Don’t ride your bike at night unless you have a headlight, tail lights, and reflectors on your bike. Also, wear bright clothing or reflective tape so cars can see you.
- Watch for cars backing out of driveways. They may not see you.
Safety Drill Homework
Kids, after you have done a drill at school, practice the same drill at home!
Click on the pictures below to download your drill sheet.
All Links below open in new windows/tabs.
Fire Safety Links
Fire Safety Videos
Fire Escape Plans
Move Over for Emergency Vehicles